Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
For example, let’s take a look at the following item analysis report.
The Connect item analysis report can be used to identify the success rate of individual questions in your assignments. This information can be useful in areas such as planning lecture topics and/or assessment review, helping make your time with students more targeted to their needs.
In the example above, we see the success rate for six questions in our assignment across multiple assignment attempts (i.e., first attempt vs. last attempt). After reviewing the report, we might decide that the success rate for the question on the “path of blood” is too low and is an area worth extra investigation. Connect offers a quick export of this information to Excel or allows you to print out a record for further analysis.
Remember that all of this information and more, is only a few clicks away in the Reports tab, to help enhance your Connect experience.
By | February 22 2011
- Header Logo
- Countdown Clock
- Welcome to the official Connect blog!
- Obtaining Instructor Access To Connect
- McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Grade Point Averages and Student Engagement at Amarillo College!
- eCampus News: “Digital learning tools fulfilling their promise”
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- eCampus News reports student success on campus with McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart
- The Chronicle of Higher Education hosting McGraw-Hill & Blackboard partnership webinars!
- Game-Based Learning