McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at West Virginia University!
Professor Ruiz Rosique is pleased with how Connect Spanish has both saved her time and improved student performance. She plans to continue using Connect, integrating even more assignments and assignment types, and including modules from LearnSmart, the adaptive learning system available within Connect. “The great thing about Connect is that it lets students see their results immediately,” she says. “This keeps students informed about their performance and helps me, as a teacher, to reinforce that feedback and talk to students in person about what they are doing right and which problems they should work on.”
McGraw-Hill LearnSmart Effectiveness Study Evaluates Impact at Seven U.S. Universities
Faculty and students in higher education institutions today face a number of instructional and learning challenges. Adaptive learning tools – like McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart, now used by thousands of students across the country – are being implemented to increase teaching effectiveness and learning efficiency. These tools improve student engagement, grades, and retention, thereby enabling students to be more successful in their college experience and ultimately more career-ready. Seven independent studies conducted at schools across the country have found that McGraw-Hill LearnSmart leads to:
- ● Significant improvements in pass rates (average of 12.5 percentage points) and in retention rates (average of 10.5 percentage points)
- ● More B students improving their learning and earning A’s; and more C students getting B’s
- ● Students, on average, performing 10.24 points higher on all exams as compared to those who did not use LearnSmart
Faculty at these institutions love the way LearnSmart engages their students and improves outcomes.
“Connect with LearnSmart has helped engage the learner in a way I didn’t think was possible. It has also helped me to be a more reflective teacher and pinpoint class issues with a topic.”
-Professor Frank Wray, University of Cincinnati
McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Grades and Pass Rates at California State University!
Professor Norman says, “Connect Management will improve student learning and save you time. Students need the instant feedback that Connect provides.” He plans to continue to expand the use of Connect within his courses and recommends it to other faculty.
McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at Bunker Hill Community College!
Professor Hoover’s students are also required to complete the LearnSmart adaptive learning modules before lecture, and are encouraged to view recorded lectures through Tegrity, an automated lecture capture service in Connect. He reports that his students love using LearnSmart and say that it makes it easy to come to class prepared, allowing for more discussion and participation during class.
Professor Hoover says, “I had students who were consistently scoring in the low 60’s on each of the weekly quizzes. Once I started assigning homework through Connect, those same students started earning scores in the high 70’s! On average, my students’ performance has risen by 10-15%.”
Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Header Logo
- Countdown Clock
- Welcome to the official Connect blog!
- Obtaining Instructor Access To Connect
- McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Grade Point Averages and Student Engagement at Amarillo College!
- eCampus News: “Digital learning tools fulfilling their promise”
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- eCampus News reports student success on campus with McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart
- The Chronicle of Higher Education hosting McGraw-Hill & Blackboard partnership webinars!
- Game-Based Learning