McGraw-Hill LearnSmart Effectiveness Study Evaluates Impact at Seven U.S. Universities
Faculty and students in higher education institutions today face a number of instructional and learning challenges. Adaptive learning tools – like McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart, now used by thousands of students across the country – are being implemented to increase teaching effectiveness and learning efficiency. These tools improve student engagement, grades, and retention, thereby enabling students to be more successful in their college experience and ultimately more career-ready. Seven independent studies conducted at schools across the country have found that McGraw-Hill LearnSmart leads to:
- ● Significant improvements in pass rates (average of 12.5 percentage points) and in retention rates (average of 10.5 percentage points)
- ● More B students improving their learning and earning A’s; and more C students getting B’s
- ● Students, on average, performing 10.24 points higher on all exams as compared to those who did not use LearnSmart
Faculty at these institutions love the way LearnSmart engages their students and improves outcomes.
“Connect with LearnSmart has helped engage the learner in a way I didn’t think was possible. It has also helped me to be a more reflective teacher and pinpoint class issues with a topic.”
-Professor Frank Wray, University of Cincinnati
McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Success and Increases Engagement at American River College!
She says, “Connect Accounting provides students with meaningful practice opportunity with the accompanying feedback to close the loop of learning. Students often struggle with concerns about how to get started with their homework and whether their work is correct. Connect Accounting offers a structure that would allow them to engage with assignments and work with confidence.” Learn more about Professor Pollard’s experience with Connect in this CASE STUDY.
Improved Navigation in Connect
Connect also offers enhanced section drop-down menus, which clearly detail the functionality offered via the contextual labels to better inform you of your options to edit, duplicate, copy, share, or delete a course section. Enjoy these usability enhancements!
By | May 20 2011
Tags: best practices
McGraw-Hill Connect Saves Class Time and Improves Student Grades at Franklin University!
With Connect, Dr. Welch saw an increase in the number of students receiving A’s and B’s and an increase in pass rates. Class attendance has also increased by 20%. He says, “Connect has been the best learning tool we could offer our students. Their success rates and improved impression of the course have made their lives and mine much easier.”
McGraw-Hill Connect Saves Instructor Time and Increases Efficiency at Bryant University!
He says, “With Connect, I now have more frequent and systematic information on how my students are doing. This enables me to re-assess and revise my lectures. I now know which areas to emphasize more and which ones less.” Learn more about Professor Mirmirani’s experience with Connect Economics in this CASE STUDY.
- Countdown Clock
- Welcome to the official Connect blog!
- Obtaining Instructor Access To Connect
- McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Grade Point Averages and Student Engagement at Amarillo College!
- eCampus News: “Digital learning tools fulfilling their promise”
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- eCampus News reports student success on campus with McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart
- The Chronicle of Higher Education hosting McGraw-Hill & Blackboard partnership webinars!
- Game-Based Learning
- eCampus News: “Ed Tech Helps With Tough-to-Teach Courses”