Students, SmartBook is Here!
What is SmartBook? SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading experience. It’s fueled by LearnSmart, the most widely used and intelligent adaptive study resource available today. By blending LearnSmart with an interactive eBook, SmartBook is designed to help you maximize your study time.
How can I get SmartBook? If you’re using ConnectPlus, there will be a SmartBook button available as soon as you enter LearnSmart. (Check this list of available titles to see if your title has SmartBook.) You can play around with it, or use LearnSmart as usual without clicking the SmartBook button – the choice is yours!
How does SmartBook work? SmartBook collects the same data points that LearnSmart uses (e.g. confidence rating, degree of correctness, time on task, etc.) and then determines what material you need to read the most. Just like LearnSmart, SmartBook is designed to help you make the most of your study time.
• Preview – You’ll see a thumbnail view of the chapter and get an understanding of the basic organization of the material.
• Read – Your eBook has been “highlighted” to show the most important content you should focus on. No more wondering what’s important or highlighting every sentence!
• Practice – This section is just like LearnSmart. You’ll get questions to solidify your mastery of the content and identify areas you need to focus on.
• Recharge – SmartBook is so smart, it knows what information you’re going to forget and when you’re going to forget it. Recharge shows you that content at the exact right time to help you keep it fresh.
What do I do first? You can Preview the content first to build a foundation. Then you can Practice (LearnSmart) or Read. After spending some time with SmartBook, you can Recharge. But the path you take is up to you.
Is the regular e-Book going away? No. The current eBook will remain and function as is.
By April | April 30 2013
Exciting News About LearnSmart
Since its launch, we’ve heard from students each semester about how much they love LearnSmart. They agree that the engaging, effective, and personalized learning offered through LearnSmart is like no other study solution. As a result, there have been an increasing number of students asking for LearnSmart in their other courses where access has not been provided through Connect.
To heed this call, McGraw-Hill is thrilled to announce that students will now be able to purchase and use LearnSmart in over 40 courses. We’d like to invite you to be part of the adaptive learning revolution by visiting the new LearnSmart website and sharing the news with your students!
Announcing the Winners of the Get Connected and Win Video Contest
We asked students across the country to create a video about McGraw-Hill Connect and how it has helped them. So many excellent videos came in that it was hard for our panel of judges to decide, but the winners have been posted! Check them out at GetConnectedandWin.com.
- Countdown Clock
- Terms Link
- Privacy Link
- Welcome to the official Connect blog!
- Obtaining Instructor Access To Connect
- McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Grade Point Averages and Student Engagement at Amarillo College!
- eCampus News: “Digital learning tools fulfilling their promise”
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- eCampus News reports student success on campus with McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart
- The Chronicle of Higher Education hosting McGraw-Hill & Blackboard partnership webinars!