McGraw-Hill Connect Effectiveness Study Evaluates Impact at 18 U.S. Universities
Instructors using Connect have experienced an average 6% increase in grades, 13% increase in passing rates, 22% increase in class attendance, and 23% increase in retention rates as shown in the just published Connect Effectiveness Study!
Faculty and administration at higher education institutions have long understood the need to engage students in their coursework inside and outside of lecture halls because of the multiple benefits that student engagement brings. Instructors want students to fully understand the course material; come to class well prepared, ready to learn and discuss more advanced topics of study; improve their academic performance and, in turn, increase their long-term retention at the institution and their ability to succeed post-graduation. In today’s digital era, engagement necessarily means connecting students, faculty and the coursework in a digitally interactive, real-time, full-circle way that extends beyond the physical and virtual classrooms.
Data has been aggregated and analyzed from 18 diverse colleges in the United States, and has proven that McGraw-Hill Connect has led to:
- ● Reduction in administrative time for instructors
- ● Increase in effectiveness of lectures and engagement of students
- ● Rise in student confidence and retention rates
- ● Improvement in test scores and overall grades
The difference Connect makes for instructors and students is significant:
“Connect has changed the way that I lecture because I see real-time data and feedback. This allows me to adapt my lectures to suit my students’ needs.”
– Dr. Jason Overby, College of Charleston
“Connect is an invaluable support tool for me because I know my students are thinking about class even when they aren’t there. They review the information we covered in class on their own time, and are able to easily access a broad range of study tools while they complete homework assignments.”
– Sheryl Hadley, Dept. Chair, Johnson County Community College
- Countdown Clock
- Welcome to the official Connect blog!
- Obtaining Instructor Access To Connect
- McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Grade Point Averages and Student Engagement at Amarillo College!
- eCampus News: “Digital learning tools fulfilling their promise”
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- eCampus News reports student success on campus with McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart
- The Chronicle of Higher Education hosting McGraw-Hill & Blackboard partnership webinars!
- Game-Based Learning
- eCampus News: “Ed Tech Helps With Tough-to-Teach Courses”